Bookmarks are the shortcuts to your webpages that you may use to open regularly. Mozilla Firefox offers thousands of extensions which makes it best browser for every platform. You can easily import bookmarks from other browsers such as Safari, Google Chrome, etc. to Firefox browser. So, lets learn how to import them.
How to import bookmarks to Firefox browser from another browser’s backup
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on the Stack of books like icon called library icon, located at the top right corner of the window.
- Click on Bookmarks.
- Select Show All Bookmarks.
Shortcut key to open bookmarks in windows: CTRL+SHIFT+B and for Mac: COMMAND+SHIFT+B
- A new window will open where you can see and manage all bookmarks. Click on the Import and backup button represented by up and down arrow.
- A drop-down menu will open which contain different options such as;
Backup: This option backup the bookmarks as a JSON file.
Restore: Restore bookmarks from previous time or date or from a JSON file.
Import bookmarks from HTML: It allows to import the bookmarks saved as HTML format by any other browser or Firefox itself.
Import data from another browser: This option is concerned with our guide. It is used to import data from other browsers. The data is not limited to bookmarks only, but it can also be Favorites, cookies, history etc.
- Upon selecting the above option, you will be shown a wizard (Items to import) that allows you to select the browser from which you want to import the bookmarks as well as other data.
- You can repeat this process to import bookmarks and other data from different browsers. Click next or continue depending what button is shown to proceed to the next step. Done! The import will be completed within few seconds and shown to your browser.