Flash player has been an important module for the modern browser to play content and function properly. In this guide, you will learn how to enable flash in Firefox. Before moving towards the steps, make sure you have Adobe flash player installed and listed in the installed applications. If not, you can download it from the link below.
How to enable Flash in Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- In the address bar, type “about:addons” without the double quotes and press enter.
- The above URL will open the addons page of Mozilla Firefox. Here you will see the list of available addons. You can enable or disable them. So, our concern is to find Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash Player) add-on from the list.
- Make sure Shockwave Flash is present on the list. Select Always Active from the dropdown list in front of this addon
Done! This is how you can activate Flash in Mozilla Firefox. Just remember to close and reopen the browser after making the above changes.
How to enable flash for specific website in Firefox
If you don’t want to enable flash for every website, you can control its behavior.
- Open Firefox. Go to some website that requires Flash.
- If the website you have visited required Flash in the browser, the Firefox browser will notify you. This notification appears on the left side of the address bar in the form of pop-up dialogue box.
- From the pop-up box, you can allow or disallow the flash for the current website.
- If you want the Firefox to remember your choice for every next time you visit to this website, you can select Allow and Remember option. If you want to just enable it for one time, you have to select Allow Now.