Firefox is a widely used internet browser and available for all operating systems such as Windows, Mac, and Linux. There are two methods on how to clear history in Firefox. Firefox supports automatic cleaning of history data after a specified time period, as well on demand. In this article, you will learn both methods. So, lets dig into the steps.
How to clear history in Firefox manually
To clear Mozilla Firefox history manually, follow the steps below.
- Open Firefox.
- Click on the stack of books like icon located at the top right corner of the Firefox window.
- From the menu, click on History.
4. From the submenu, click on Clear recent history.
5. A new window will open that allows you to select the time range. For example, if you select the option Last hour it will clear the history that has been saved for the last hour. Similarly, selecting the option Everything will clear all the browser history from Mozilla Firefox.
- During this process, make sure the Browsing and Downloading history check box is marked. You can also specify other history options to keep or delete them such as login history, forms or search history etc.
- At last, click on Clear Now. Done!
How to set Mozilla Firefox automatically clear history
- Open Mozilla Firefox. Click on the menu icon which looks like three lines and are located at the top right corner of the window.
- Click on preferences.
- From the preferences, click on Privacy and Security tab from the left menu bar.
- From the Firefox menu, select the Use the “custom settings for history” option.
- Now, select the option Clear history when Firefox closes. It will always clear history upon closing the browser. You can check other custom options also.